Samuel Palmer, 1805–1881, British, active in Italy (1837–39), Underriver Hills, near Sevenoaks, Kent, from the Grounds of J. Herries, Esq, ca. 1840
Underriver Hills, near Sevenoaks, Kent, from the Grounds of J. Herries, Esq.
- ca. 1840
- Watercolor, gouache, pen and black ink, and graphite on thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 5/8 x 14 1/16 inches (24.4 x 35.7 cm), Frame: 23 1/2 x 17 1/4 x 1in. (59.7 x 43.8 x 2.5cm), and Sheet: 9 5/8 × 14 1/8 inches (24.4 × 35.9 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- grounds | hills | landscape
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Kent | Sevenoaks | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.