Dunbar Castle and the Bass Rock
- Pen and black ink over graphite with gray wash on two joined sheets of medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 7 1/8 × 22 5/8 inches (18.1 × 57.5 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "Dunbar Castle | + Bass Island | J.4567 | 843"; inscribed on verso, center right: "843"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- castle | cottage | landscape | rocks (landforms) | trees | woods
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
attributed to Francis Place, 1647–1728, British, Dunbar Castle and the Bass Rock, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.