- Dunbar Castle and the Bass Rock
- Pen and black ink over graphite with gray wash on two joined sheets of medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 7 1/8 × 22 5/8 inches (18.1 × 57.5 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "Dunbar Castle | + Bass Island | J.4567 | 843"; inscribed on verso, center right: "843"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- castle | cottage | landscape | rocks (landforms) | trees | woods
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
attributed to Francis Place, 1647–1728, British, Dunbar Castle and the Bass Rock, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.