- Lismore Castle, Ireland
- Watercolor and graphite with pen and black ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 10 1/4 x 14 7/8 inches (26 x 37.8 cm)
Signed and dated in pen and black ink, lower center: "FWheatley | 1783"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | bonnet | breeches (trousers) | bridge (built work) | chimneys (architectural elements) | cloak | cloth | coastline | foliage | genre subject | geology | hat | hills | houses | masts | men | net (textile) | oars | parasol | river | rocks (landforms) | shirt | skirt (garment) | stockings | trees | wall | water | windows | women
- Associated Places:
- Blackwater | Ireland | Lismore Castle
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Francis Wheatley, 1747–1801, British, Lismore Castle, Ireland, 1783
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.