- A Magpie
- Watercolor, graphite and pen and black ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper mounted to moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 × 12 1/4 inches (20.3 × 31.1 cm) and Mount: 10 × 14 1/4 inches (25.4 × 36.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left of mount: "D1210/ John Berwick 1760-1795 | On reverse, a landscape with figures mounted. Sheeps Wesheng Elthingham John Berwick, | Elizabethan in green truism : Thomas Berwick Bicentennial Exhibition: 1953Cat A036 ox by Thomas but I trust certainly"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | birds | branch | magpie | perch
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
Elisabeth Fairman, Of green leaf , bird , and flower : artists' books and the natural world, Yale University Press, New Haven, 2014, ppp. 149, 229, N7650 .O4 2014
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
John Bewick, 1760–1795, British, A Magpie, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.