IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Louis Philippe Boitard, active 1734–1760, Hannah Snell - From the Life (in Male Dress), undated
Hannah Snell - From the Life (in Male Dress)
- Pen and brown ink and watercolor on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 7 1/4 × 4 3/4 inches (18.4 × 12.1 cm)
Collector's mark: Carl Robert Rudolf (Lugt 2811b); collector's mark, verso: Paul Mellon
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cross-dressing | portrait | woman
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.