- Watercolor with pen in brown ink, with graphite on cream, medium, slightly textured, wove paper
- Sheet: 3 1/4 × 9 1/2 inches (8.3 × 24.1 cm)
Inscribed in pen in brown ink, lower left: "Versailles [...] 12, 1833"; inscribed on verso in brown ink: "Versailles | Callow"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- buildings | gate | landscape | road | steeple | trees
- Associated Places:
- Europe | France | Versailles
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
William Callow, 1812–1908, British, active in France, Versailles, 1833
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.