William Callow, 1812–1908, British, active in France, Versailles, 1833
- Watercolor with pen in brown ink, with graphite on cream, medium, slightly textured, wove paper
- 3 1/4 × 9 1/2 inches (8.3 × 24.1 cm)
Inscribed in pen in brown ink, lower left: "Versailles [...] 12, 1833"; inscribed on verso in brown ink: "Versailles | Callow"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | buildings | gate | landscape | road | sky | steeple | trees
- Associated Places:
- Europe | France | Versailles
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.