Edinburgh Castle and Horse Fair
- Etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet (cropped inside plate): 6 x 8 1/4 inches (15.2 x 21 cm) and Image: 5 11/16 x 8 1/16 inches (14.4 x 20.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, upper left: "744/1 | 130"; in blue pen, center left: "432 (upside down)"; in graphite, center: "(B)"; center right: "D2543"
Marked in blue ink, on back, center, collector's stamp: Paul Mellon Collection
Lettered, lower right: "W Geikie"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- barrels (containers) | buildings | buying | castle | examining | genre subject | hats | markets | men | merchants | purchasing | riding | selling | square | wheelbarrow
- Associated Places:
- Edinburgh | Edinburgh castle | Europe | Scotland | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Walter Geikie, 1795–1837, British, Edinburgh Castle and Horse Fair, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.