IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
James Roberts, active 1766–1809, British, Woman and Child, undated
Woman and Child
- Watercolor and graphite with pen and black ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 6 × 3 7/8 inches (15.2 × 9.8 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower center: "15 | D2353 | James Roberts 1773-99 | 29081781 | LGD"
Collector's mark, verso: Paul Mellon
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- child | costume | dress | figure study | genre subject | hat | ribbons | woman
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.