Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, Loading Sacks into a Cart, undated
Loading Sacks into a Cart
- Additional Title(s):
- Pen and red, red-brown and dark gray ink with brown wash over graphite on medium, moderately textured, beige, wove paper
- 6 1/2 x 9 3/4 inches (16.5 x 24.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "D 64"
Paul Mellon collector's mark
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cart | child | chimney (architectural element) | cottages | dogs (animals) | genre subject | horse (animal) | loading | men | rake | sacks | trees | wagon | wheels | windows | women
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.