- Wentworth, Earl of Strafford
- Gray wash and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper mounted on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 3 3/4 × 2 3/4 inches (9.5 × 7 cm) and Mount: 5 5/8 × 4 1/8 inches (14.3 × 10.5 cm)
Inscribed on mount in graphite, lower right: "Strafford"; inscribed on verso in graphite, upper left: "[...]"; upper right: "[...]"; lower center: "By Seymour | D2663"
Paul Mellon collector's mark
Signed in brown ink, lower left: "Col. Seymour"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Associated People:
- Earl of Strafford
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Col. James Seymour, active 1702–1739, Wentworth, Earl of Strafford, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.