Italian Landscape with Ruined Castle
- Brown wash and gray wash on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 4 3/4 × 9 5/8 inches (12.1 × 24.4 cm)
Inscribed on verso in pen and brown ink, upper left: "No 26"; in graphite, lower left: "D2609"
Paul Mellon collector's mark
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | castle | Grand Tour | Italian | landscape | ruins | trees
- Associated Places:
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
William Taverner, 1703–1772, British, Italian Landscape with Ruined Castle, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.