Italian Landscape with Ruined Castle
- Brown wash and gray wash on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 4 3/4 × 9 5/8 inches (12.1 × 24.4 cm)
Inscribed on verso in pen and brown ink, upper left: "No 26"; in graphite, lower left: "D2609"
Paul Mellon collector's mark
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | castle | Grand Tour | Italian | landscape | ruins | trees
- Associated Places:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
William Taverner, 1703–1772, British, Italian Landscape with Ruined Castle, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.