- Oxford, Folly Bridge
- Graphite on moderately thick, smooth, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 6 1/8 x 9 7/8 inches (15.6 x 25.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Entrance to Oxford over the old Folly Bridge"
signed in graphite, lower center: "W. Turner"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | bridge (built work) | buildings | city | flags | houses | masts | punts | river | road | sails | shops | spires | town | trees
- Associated Places:
- England | Folly Bridge | Oxford | Oxfordshire | Thames | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
William Turner of Oxford, 1789–1862, British, Oxford, Folly Bridge, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.