IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
William Turner of Oxford, 1789–1862, British, Oxford, Folly Bridge, undated
Oxford, Folly Bridge
- Graphite on moderately thick, smooth, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 6 1/8 x 9 7/8 inches (15.6 x 25.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Entrance to Oxford over the old Folly Bridge"
signed in graphite, lower center: "W. Turner"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | bridge (built work) | buildings | city | flags | houses | masts | punts | river | road | sails | shops | spires | town | trees
- Associated Places:
- England | Folly Bridge | Oxford | Oxfordshire | Thames | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.