- Conversation Piece
- Gray wash with pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 7 1/4 × 5 5/8 inches (18.4 × 14.3 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower center: "D 3336 | John Vanderbank 1694-1739 | LGD | from a parcel of [...] studies, and [...] | conversation study [...] that 7 have | seen"
Paul Mellon collector's mark
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- chairs | conversation | genre subject | girl | man | painting | table | tea | women
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
John Vanderbank, 1694–1739, British, Conversation Piece, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.