- Watercolor with pen and black ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 3 1/2 × 5 3/4 inches (8.9 × 14.6 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, center: "D1114 / Samuel Wale RA H 1747-1786 | c 1760 Sion [...] | LCD | This is a drawing by S. Wale, which has be engraved by E.[...]"; lower center: "Leon House"
Paul Mellon collector's mark
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | boat | house | people | tree
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | London | Syon Park | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.