IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
James Ward, 1769–1859, British, The Wood Cutter, undated
The Wood Cutter
- Black chalk and white chalk on medium, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 5 5/8 x 5 1/8 inches (14.3 x 13 cm)
Inscribed in gray ink, lower left: "JW. RA."; in brown ink, from old mount: "The Wood cutter. | Study from Nature -"
Signed in gray ink, lower left: "JW. RA."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figure study | genre subject | woodcutter
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.