- The Wood Cutter
- Black chalk and white chalk on medium, moderatley textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 5 5/8 x 5 1/8 inches (14.3 x 13 cm)
Inscribed in gray ink, lower left: "JW. RA."; in brown ink, from old mount: "The Wood cutter. | Study from Nature -"
Signed in gray ink, lower left: "JW. RA."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figure study | genre subject | woodcutter
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
James Ward, 1769–1859, British, The Wood Cutter, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.