Soldiers and Country Women
- Pen and black ink with watercolor on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- 5 x 7 3/8 inches (12.7 x 18.7 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, center: "D3505"
Paul Mellon collector's mark
Signed in black ink, lower left: "FWheatley"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- apron | babies | bonnet | breeches (trousers) | coat | dress | foliage | genre subject | gun (small arm) | hat | hills | men | military art | plume | rocks (landforms) | shirt | shoes | soldiers | stockings | trees | wagon | wigs | women
- Associated Places:
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Francis Wheatley, 1747–1801, British, Soldiers and Country Women, undated