Soldiers and Country Women
- Pen and black ink with watercolor on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 x 7 3/8 inches (12.7 x 18.7 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, center: "D3505"
Paul Mellon collector's mark
Signed in black ink, lower left: "FWheatley"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- apron | babies | bonnet | breeches (trousers) | coat | dress | foliage | genre subject | gun (small arm) | hat | hills | men | plume | rocks (landforms) | shirt | shoes | soldiers | stockings | trees | wagon | wigs | women
- Associated Places:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Francis Wheatley, 1747–1801, British, Soldiers and Country Women, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.