- Above Kalabashe; 12:20 P.M., 31 Jan. 1867 (297)
- Watercolor, graphite, pen and brown ink on medium, moderately textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 2 5/16 × 6 1/16 inches (5.9 × 15.4 cm)
Inscribed in pen and bro?wn ink, over graphite, lower left: "above Kalabshe. Jany. 31.1867. 12.20.PM. | "Howady Baksheesh!"; inscribed ini pen and brown ink, over graphite, lower right: "(297)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors-Sketchbooks
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Above Kalabashe; 12:20 P.M., 31 Jan. 1867 (297), 1867
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.