- Near Garf Hoseyn; 3:40 P.M., 31 Jan., 1867 (301)
- Watercolor, graphite, white gouache, pen and brown ink on medium, smooth, blue, wove paper
- Sheet: 2 3/8 × 7 inches (6 × 17.8 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, over graphite, lower left: "near Garf Hoseyn. 3.40.PM. 31.Jany. 1867. (one of Philae, the cast on the 30th was not remembered"; inscribed in pen and brown ink, over graphite, lower right: "301"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors-Sketchbooks
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Near Garf Hoseyn; 3:40 P.M., 31 Jan., 1867 (301), 1867
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.