Old London, View from St. James Park Looking East
- Watercolor, pen and brown ink, pen and black ink, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 7 3/4 x 12 3/4in. (19.7 x 32.4cm) and Sheet: 7 3/4 × 12 7/8 inches (19.7 × 32.7 cm)
Inscribed on verso in pen and black ink, center: "Old London. | View from S' James Park - looking east | W.H. Pyne"; in graphite, lower center: "D3112"
Paul Mellon collector's mark
Signed on verso in pen and brown ink, center right: "W. H. Pyne"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- buildings | cityscape | river | trees
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Greater London | London | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
William Henry Pyne, 1769–1843, British, Old London, View from St. James Park Looking East, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.