The Paper Mill at Rickmansworth
- between 1765 and 1781
- Watercolor, graphite and pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 11 5/8 x 17 1/4 inches (29.5 x 43.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite lower left: "D645/"; in graphite lower center: "Samuel Scott 1702 - 1772 | LGD"; in graphite lower right: "The Paper Mill at Rickmansworth | Ex Coll Robert Udney. See inscription on reverse"; inscribed on verso in pen and brown ink upper left: "The Paper Mill at Rickmansworth Seeing from the | Tea Drinking house belonging to Sr. Lawrence Dundas | R.-U"; in graphite upper center: "of a direct descendant of | (From the Collection of / Samuel Alken, the artist)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | bench | buildings | fence | houses | paper mill | river | trees
- Associated Places:
- England | Hertfordshire | Rickmansworth | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Attributed to Robert Udney, 1740–1808, The Paper Mill at Rickmansworth, between 1765 and 1781
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.