- Apollo and the Muses
- Pen and brown ink over graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 8 5/8 x 12 15/16 inches (21.9 x 32.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper center: "Sacristy Paint M[...] [?Apollo] in G[...] [...] [...] | Can[...] Po[esi] P[?hil of. Gram.]"
Watermark: fleur-de-lis Paul Mellon's collector stamp on verso
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | design | figures (representations) | globes (cartographic spheres) | music | mythology | religious and mythological subject | statues
- Associated People:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Sir James Thornhill, 1675–1734, British, Apollo and the Muses, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.