IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Sir James Thornhill, 1675–1734, British, Apollo and the Muses, undated
Apollo and the Muses
- Pen and brown ink over graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 8 5/8 x 12 15/16 inches (21.9 x 32.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper center: "Sacristy Paint M[...] [?Apollo] in G[...] [...] [...] | Can[...] Po[esi] P[?hil of. Gram.]"
Watermark: fleur-de-lis Paul Mellon's collector stamp on verso
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | design | figures (representations) | globes (cartographic spheres) | music | mythology | religious and mythological subject | statues
- Associated People:
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.