IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
James Ward, 1769–1859, British, Landscape with a Castle on a Hill, undated
Landscape with a Castle on a Hill
- Watercolor and graphite on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 7 3/8 x 8 5/8 inches (18.7 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, upper center: "D1293 James Ward RA 1769-1859 | The right hand half of a page from a long | sketch book. The left hand half (which I have) is | signed with Ward's monogram. [ ... ] | LGD"
Collector's mark, verso: Paul Mellon
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- castle | hill | landscape | sky
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.