- A Squall off a Mountainous Coast
- Gray wash with pen and black ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 7 x 10 13/16 inches (17.8 x 27.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: " No.77"; verso: inscribed in graphite, lower right: "D301"
Paul Mellon collector's mark
Signed in graphite, lower left: "B. West"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- barrels | beach | clouds | coast | figures | marine art | meteorology | mountains | sailboats | science | sky | storm | water
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Benjamin West, 1738–1820, American, active in Britain (from 1763), A Squall off a Mountainous Coast, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.