A Design of Masks
- Additional Title(s):
Masques De Different Couractere De passions
- Pen and black ink and gray ink on medium, moderately textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet: 14 5/8 × 20 13/16 inches (37.1 × 52.9 cm), Contemporary drawn border: 13 7/8 × 19 1/16 inches (35.2 × 48.4 cm), and Image: 13 5/8 × 13 5/8 inches (34.6 × 34.6 cm)
Inscribed in pen, with black ink, lower left: "masques De Different - Couractère De passions | Inventé Dessiné par F Boitard 1710"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "D2894"
Watermark; verso, Paul Mellon collector's mark
Signed and dated, in pen, with black ink, lower left: "F Boitard 1710"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | design | emotions | faces | French | masks | passion
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.