- Bolton Abbey
- Graphite with gray wash on moderately thick, slightly textured, blued white wove paper
- Sheet: 10 1/2 x 17 inches (26.6 x 43.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Bolton"; on back, lower right: "D403"; on back of mount, center: "Prout, Samuel (1783-1852) | Bolton Abbey"
Paul Mellon collector's mark
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- abbey | arches | architectural subject | church | grass | priory | ruins | stained glass | trees
- Associated Places:
- Bolton Abbey | Bolton Abbey | Bolton Priory | England | North Yorkshire | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Samuel Prout, 1783–1852, British, Bolton Abbey, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.