IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Samuel Prout, 1783–1852, British, Bolton Abbey, undated
- Graphite with gray wash on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 1/2 × 17 inches (26.6 × 43.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Bolton"; on back, lower right: "D403"; on back of mount, center: "Prout, Samuel (1783-1852) | Bolton Abbey"
Collector's mark, verso: Paul Mellon
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- abbey | arches | architectural subject | church | grass | priory | ruins | stained glass | trees
- Associated Places:
- Bolton Abbey | Bolton Abbey | Bolton Priory | England | North Yorkshire | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.