- Head of a Lady
- ca. 1780
- Colored crayons, white chalk, black chalk, and red chalk on thin, slightly textured, blue laid paper
- Sheet: 12 1/2 x 10 1/2 inches (31.8 x 26.7 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, upper left: "42"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figure study | hair | hairstyles | head | portrait | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
John Russell, 1745–1806, British, Head of a Lady, ca. 1780
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.