- Watercolor and gouache on medium, slightly textured, cream vowe paper
- Sheet: 15 1/8 × 21 1/2 inches (38.4 × 54.6 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, upper right: "4/73 | 2"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower center: "D2343/ P. Paillou OP 1753-1778 | C1750-55 | L G W | Lumpsucker (wale) | Cyclopterus lumpus ([li...]) | P. Paillou was the father of the miniturist of that name. | Basil Long, British Miniaturists, Vol II p325 | I have seen drawings of this series by Paillou, dated 1753 o 1754 | L&G"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | fish | marines (visual works)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Peter Paillou the younger, active 1757–1831, British, Lumpsucker (Male), undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.