- Watercolor and gouache on medium, slightly textured, cream vowe paper
- Sheet: 15 1/8 × 21 1/2 inches (38.4 × 54.6 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, upper right: "4/73 | 2"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower center: "D2343/ P. Paillou OP 1753-1778 | C1750-55 | L G W | Lumpsucker (wale) | Cyclopterus lumpus ([li...]) | P. Paillou was the father of the miniturist of that name. | Basil Long, British Miniaturists, Vol II p325 | I have seen drawings of this series by Paillou, dated 1753 o 1754 | L&G"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | fish | marines (visual works)
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Peter Paillou the younger, active 1757–1831, British, Lumpsucker (Male), undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.