- Anna lamenting the absence of Tobias (Tobit 10:7)
- Pen and brown ink with brown wash on medium, slightly textured, beige laid paper mounted to medium, slightly textured white wove paper
- Sheet: 4 7/8 x 4 5/8in. (12.4 x 11.7cm)
Inscribed on verso in black ink, lower center: "Tobit. cap 10 ver 7"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- branches | gazing | mountains | nude | religious and mythological subject | rock | sash | stump
- Associated People:
- Anna, Tobit's wife, and Tobias' mother
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Carwitham, active 1723, British, Anna lamenting the absence of Tobias (Tobit 10:7), 1723
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.