At Steyning - Sussex
- Watercolor and graphite with pen and black ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 5 7/8 × 9 1/8 inches (14.9 × 23.2 cm)
Inscribed on verso in pen and black ink, lower center: "[...] Sussex 1795"
Paul Mellon collector's mark
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cart | cityscape | fence | half-timbering | houses | road | smoke | thatched roofs | Tudor architecture
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Steyning | United Kingdom | West Sussex
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
John Inigo Richards RA, 1730/31?–1810, British, At Steyning - Sussex, 1795
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.