IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
George Shepheard, ca. 1770–1842, British, Haughton, Field and Shepheard Fighting, undated
Haughton, Field and Shepheard Fighting
- Watercolor, brown ink, and graphite on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 8 1/4 × 6 inches (21 × 15.2 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower center: "Haughton Field | & | Shepheard | 176"
Collector's mark, verso: Paul Mellon
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- coats | fighting | genre subject | punching | stockings
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.