Sir John Soane, 1753–1837, British, Detail of Scrolled Acanthus Molding, ca. 1779
Detail of Scrolled Acanthus Molding
- ca. 1779
- Gray wash, pen, black ink and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 3 5/8 x 11 inches (9.2 x 27.9 cm)
Signed in graphite, lower right: "J. Soane"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- acanthus | architectural subject | festoons | flowers (plants) | molding
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.