Sketch of a Half-Facade for a Royal Palace, Hyde Park, London
- Additional Title(s):
Facade of a Design for a Royal Palace, Hyde Park, London
- ca. 1779
- Brown wash, gray wash, pen and brown ink, and graphite on medium, moderately textured beige wove paper
- Sheet: 3 1/2 x 8 1/2 inches (8.9 x 21.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center, "Palace @ Sketch of [...] J Soane"
Signed in graphite, lower center: "Sir J. Soane"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | chimneys (architectural elements) | columns | domes | doors | palace | pediments | stairs
- Associated Places:
- England | Hyde Park | London | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
The Line of Beauty : British Drawings and Watercolors of the Eighteenth Century (Yale Center for British Art, 2001-05-19 - 2001-08-05) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
British Architectural Drawings (Yale Center for British Art) (Yale Center for British Art, 1982-04-21 - 1982-05-30) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]