IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Thomas Stothard, 1755–1834, British, Frieze of a Medieval Wedding, undated
Frieze of a Medieval Wedding
- Gray wash, graphite, and pen and black ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 3 3/8 × 9 1/8 inches (8.6 × 23.2 cm)
Collector's mark, verso: Paul Mellon
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bride | ceremony | genre subject | groom | headdress | Medieval | priests | wedding
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.