IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
John Vanderbank, 1694–1739, British, Rider in a Tricorn Hat, Horse Walking towards Front, undated
Rider in a Tricorn Hat, Horse Walking towards Front
- Pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 6 1/8 × 5 1/2 inches (15.6 × 14 cm)
Collector's mark, verso: B W (Lugt 4451); collector's mark, verso: Paul Mellon
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figure study | genre subject | horse (animal) | horseback riding | riders, horseback | tricorn | tricorn hats | tricorne | tricorne hats | walking
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Deconstructed: The NSLM Sporting Screen (National Sporting Library and Museum, 2019-04-12 - 2019-09-15) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.