IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
John Varley, 1778–1842, British, River Landscape with Two Figures, Lake and Distant Mountains, undated
River Landscape with Two Figures, Lake and Distant Mountains
- Brown wash on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 5 x 9 5/8 inches (12.7 x 24.4 cm)
Inscribed on back in graphite lower right: "by John Varley. | given to me by Mrs. Palmer 1867"
Collector's mark, verso: Paul Mellon
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figures | lake | landscape | mountains | river | trees
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.