River Landscape with Two Figures, Lake and Distant Mountains
- Brown wash on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 5 x 9 5/8 inches (12.7 x 24.4 cm)
Inscribed on back in graphite lower right: "by John Varley. | given to me by Mrs. Palmer 1867"
Paul Mellon collector's mark
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figures | lake | landscape | mountains | river | trees
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Varley, 1778–1842, British, River Landscape with Two Figures, Lake and Distant Mountains, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.