James Ward, 1769–1859, British, Study of a Hill Top and Sky, undated
Study of a Hill Top and Sky
- Watercolor over graphite and black chalk on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 4 x 8 1/2 inches (10.2 x 21.6 cm)
Paul Mellon collector's mark
Signed in graphite, lower right: "JWD. RA"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- hill | landscape | sky | study (visual work)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.