IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
after Hamlet Winstanley, 1698–1756, British, Head of an Old Man, undated
Head of an Old Man
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 5 × 4 inches (12.7 × 10.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Delt"
Collector's mark, verso: Paul Mellon
Signed in graphite, lower center: "Hamlet Winstanley"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beard | face | figure study
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.