- Design for Ceiling Decoration
- Graphite, gray wash, and pen and brown ink on medium, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 3/4 x 8 1/2 inches (24.8 x 21.6 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite lower right: "14 or 610"
Paul Mellon collector's mark
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- ceilings | garlands | putti | women
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Attributed to Thomas Carwitham, active 1723, British, Design for Ceiling Decoration, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.