IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
James Barry, 1741–1806, Irish, Rome, A View of the Arch of Constantine with Other Ruins, undated
Rome, A View of the Arch of Constantine with Other Ruins
- Pen and brown ink, gray wash, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 6 × 16 3/4 inches (15.2 × 42.5 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "(E. 15/2)"
Watermark: onion dome with crown; collector's mark, verso: Paul Mellon
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | architectural subject | architecture | cityscape | colosseums | forums | Grand Tour | landscape | landscape | ruins | stones | trees
- Associated Places:
- Italy | Rome
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.