Landscape with Three Horses and a Tree in the Foreground
- Gray wash over black chalk and brown chalk on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- 7 1/8 x 8 7/8 inches (18.1 cm)
Inscribed in gray ink, lower left: "J. Ward"
Signed in gray ink, lower left: "J. Ward"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- horses (animals) | landscape | tree
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
James Ward, 1769–1859, British, Landscape with Three Horses and a Tree in the Foreground, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.