Landscape with Three Horses and a Tree in the Foreground
- Gray wash over black chalk and brown chalk on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 7 1/8 x 8 7/8 inches (18.1 cm)
Inscribed in gray ink, lower left: "J. Ward"
Signed in gray ink, lower left: "J. Ward"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- horses (animals) | landscape | tree
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
James Ward, 1769–1859, British, Landscape with Three Horses and a Tree in the Foreground, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.