Rembrandt in a fur hat
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: slight sketch of a woman's head
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 6 5/8 × 7 inches (16.8 × 17.8 cm)
Inscribed on verso in pen and brown ink, upper center: "8997"
Paul Mellon collector's mark
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figure study | fur | hat | portrait
- Associated People:
- Rembrandt van Rijn (1606-1669), Dutch painter, draftsman, and printmaker
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Worlidge, 1700–1766, British, Rembrandt in a fur hat, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.