- Male with Arms Spread Wide Seen from Behind
- Brown wash, pen in brown ink, charcoal, graphite and white gouache on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 19 3/4 × 11 3/4 inches (50.2 × 29.8 cm)
Paul Mellon collector's mark
Signed in pen, with brown ink, lower right: "Ja. Barry"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arms | back | figure study | legs | man | nude
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
James Barry, 1741–1806, Irish, Male with Arms Spread Wide Seen from Behind, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.