Head Dresses in Covent Garden
- Additional Title(s):
Studies of Women in Covent Garden
- Pen and brown ink and watercolor on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 3 × 7 1/4 inches (7.6 × 18.4 cm)
Inscribed in black ink, upper center: "74"; in pen and brown ink, lower center: "Head Dresses in Covt. Garden | In ye Covt. Garden morning frolick"
Paul Mellon collector's mark
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figures (illustrations) | gardens | women
- Associated Places:
- Covent Garden | England | Europe | London | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Louis Philippe Boitard, active 1734–1760, Head Dresses in Covent Garden, 1747
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.