Head Dresses in Covent Garden
- Additional Title(s):
Studies of Women in Covent Garden
- Pen and brown ink and watercolor on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 3 × 7 1/4 inches (7.6 × 18.4 cm)
Inscribed in black ink, upper center: "74"; in pen and brown ink, lower center: "Head Dresses in Covt. Garden | In ye Covt. Garden morning frolick"
Paul Mellon collector's mark
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figures (illustrations) | gardens | women
- Associated Places:
- Covent Garden | England | Europe | London | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Louis Philippe Boitard, active 1734–1760, Head Dresses in Covent Garden, 1747
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.