IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
unknown artist, Brighton Town and Church, ca. 1780
Brighton Town and Church
- ca. 1780
- Watercolor with black ink over graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 11 13/16 × 18 13/16 inches (30 × 47.8 cm)
Inscribed in red pencil, on back, upper center: "Brighton town and Church"; in graphite, on back, lower right: "2-6"; on back of mount, upper center: "UNKNOWN, c. 1780 | (Charles Gore, former attrib.) | Brighton Town and Church"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- buildings | cart | castellation | channel (water body component) | church | coastline | coat | couple | field | gesture | gown | hats | hills | horse (animal) | landscape | men | sailboats | sea | shore (landform) | town | tricorne | village | walking | wall | windmill | woman
- Associated Places:
- East Sussex | England | English Channel | Hove | Portslade | St. Nicolas Church | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.