Brighton Town and Church
- ca. 1780
- Watercolor with black ink over graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet (cropped to image): 11 13/16 x 18 13/16 inches (30 x 47.8 cm)
Inscribed in red pencil, on back, upper center: "Brighton town and Church"; in graphite, on back, lower right: "2-6"; on back of mount, upper center: "UNKNOWN, c. 1780 | (Charles Gore, former attrib.) | Brighton Town and Church"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- buildings | cart | castellation | channel (water body component) | church | coastline | coat | couple | field | gesture | gown | hats | hills | horse (animal) | landscape | men | sailboats | sea | shore (landform) | town | tricorne | village | walking | wall | windmill | woman
- Associated Places:
- East Sussex | England | English Channel | Hove | Portslade | St. Nicolas Church | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.