IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Samuel Palmer, 1805–1881, British, active in Italy (1837–39), Italian Hill Town, after 1838
Italian Hill Town
- after 1838
- Watercolor, gouache, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, blue wove paper
- Sheet: 9 1/4 x 12 5/8 inches (23.5 x 32.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "Height of horizon"; in graphite, upper center: "this came at top"; in graphite, upper right: "vines"; in graphite, center left: "wall"; in graphite, center right: "elder"; in graphite, lower right: "water steep down hill | NE AR"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Grand Tour | hill | landscape | town
- Associated Places:
- Campagna | Campania | Europe | Italy | Salerno
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.