- Caulking the Schooner, Falmouth Harbour
- Watercolor on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper mounted on board
- Sheet: 14 1/4 × 10 1/4 inches (36.2 × 26 cm) and Mount: 22 × 16 inches (55.9 × 40.6 cm)
Inscribed on mount in pen and black ink, lower center: "<Arthur> Joseph Severn | Low Tide, Falmouth Harbour. Caulking the Schooner. | On back of original frame (made by T.H.Gladwell, 21 Graceland Street) | a Sale date: Jan 9/97. | -room | Bought by me at Tunbridge Wells in 1943. Martin Hardie | In the batch of drawings from which this camel, by Joseph Severn, | were others made in Italy (Rome, etc.) which were of his more | conventional type. This untypical drawing (in a sense half way | between W. Muller & S. Sargent) was much more interesting."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Joseph Severn, 1793–1879, British, Caulking the Schooner, Falmouth Harbour, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.