IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
James Ward, 1769–1859, British, Study of the Head of a Ram, undated
Study of the Head of a Ram
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Rough Sketch of a Dog
- Black chalk, white chalk, and red chalk on medium, moderately textured, brown laid paper
- Sheet: 11 3/4 x 16 1/8 inches (29.8 x 41 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "No. 4"; upper right: notes in shorthand
Signed in brown ink, lower left: "JWD. RA"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | dog (animal) | ram (animal) | study (visual work)
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
James Ward (Yale Center for British Art, 2004-05-21 - 2004-08-22) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.