IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Allan Ramsay, 1713–1784, British, George IV, When Prince of Wales, undated
George IV, When Prince of Wales
- Black chalk on medium, slightly textured, blue laid paper
- Sheet: 10 x 8 3/4 inches (25.4 x 22.2 cm)
Inscribed on verso in black ink, center: "Allan Ramsay"
Collector's mark: Thomas Esmond Lowinsky (Lugt 2420a)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boy | figure study | portrait | prince
- Associated People:
- George IV (1762–1830), king of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland, and king of Hanover
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.