- Thatched Cottage and Church
- Watercolor on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 3 1/8 x 4 1/8 inches (7.9 x 10.5 cm)
Inscribed in black ink, verso, center: "This drawing is from the collection | of Mrs John Richmond and was | exhibited in the Samuel Palmer | exhibition at the Victoria and | Albert Museum (NO.84). 1926. | TEL"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- buildings | church | cottage | landscape | thatch | trees
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
William Vaughan, Samuel Palmer : shadows on the wall, The Paul Mellon Centre for Studies in British Art, New Haven, 2015, p. 193, fig. 166, NJ18.P19 V37 2015 OVERSIZE (YCBA)
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Samuel Palmer, 1805–1881, British, active in Italy (1837–39), Thatched Cottage and Church, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.