IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Samuel Palmer, 1805–1881, British, active in Italy (1837–39), Thatched Cottage and Church, undated
Thatched Cottage and Church
- Watercolor on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 3 1/8 x 4 1/8 inches (7.9 x 10.5 cm)
Inscribed in black ink, verso, center: "This drawing is from the collection | of Mrs John Richmond and was | exhibited in the Samuel Palmer | exhibition at the Victoria and | Albert Museum (NO.84). 1926. | TEL"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- buildings | church | cottage | landscape | thatch | trees
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
William Vaughan, Samuel Palmer : shadows on the wall, The Paul Mellon Centre for Studies in British Art, New Haven, 2015, p. 193, fig. 166, NJ18.P19 V37 2015 OVERSIZE (YCBA) [YCBA]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.