IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
James Ward, 1769–1859, British, Head and Shoulders of a Cart Horse, undated
Head and Shoulders of a Cart Horse
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Slight Sketch of a Sleeping Man
- Graphite on medium, smooth, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 8 5/8 x 10 3/4 inches (21.9 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, lower left: "JWD. RA"
Collector's mark: Thomas Esmond Lowinsky (Lugt 2420a)
Signed in brown ink, lower left: "JWD. RA"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | cart | horse (animal)
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.