Head and Shoulders of a Cart Horse
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Slight Sketch of a Sleeping Man
- Graphite on medium, smooth, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 8 5/8 x 10 3/4 inches (21.9 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, lower left: "JWD. RA"
T.E. Lowinsky collector's stamp on bottom left.
Signed in brown ink, lower left: "JWD. RA"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | cart | horse (animal)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
James Ward, 1769–1859, British, Head and Shoulders of a Cart Horse, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.